Vision, Values, and Program
Mayan Families seeks improved lives for the indigenous people of Guatemala, as evidenced by more youth accomplishing their educational goals and families having the basic necessities of life.
We demonstrate our commitment to the community we serve through working with the following values:
* We encourage the preservation of the ongoing traditions of the indigenous culture.
* We empower people - primarily women, children and the elderly - through education and community services.
* We act in a responsible, trustworthy way in the community and in regard to our donors.
* We encourage continuous learning among ourselves and others.
We aim to fulfill our mission through the following programs:
* Education: Student Scholarships and General School within communities;
* Community Programs: Family Aid, Food and Milk, Hope for the Animals, Medical Aid, Fuel Efficient Stoves, Potable Water Filters, Christmas, Chickens Program and mote!
* Construction: Building schools, homes and other construction and repairs as required